Bâton Rouge is proud to partner with Mongrelmedia to bring to its customers an exclusive Knives Out experience that combines mystery, wittiness, and fun.
Knives Out is a modern-day murder mystery movie launching across Canada on November 27. To get you in the mood, Bâton Rouge presents the KNIVES (AND FORKS) OUT CONTEST.
In a situation where everyone is a suspect, put your detective hat on and identify the murderer in the the Bâton Rouge Knives (and Forks) Out Contest
We suspect that you might be a winner!
1st Prize : A $1,000 Bâton Rouge gift card.
2nd Prize: A set of steak knives and KNIVES OUT movie tickets.
3rd Prize: KNIVES OUT Movie tickets
Visit your favourite restaurant to participate!
Winners will be announced on this page and our social media accounts on December 20th, 2019.
Acclaimed writer and director Rian Johnson (Brick, Looper, The Last Jedi) pays tribute to mystery mastermind Agatha Christie in KNIVES OUT, a fun, modern-day murder mystery where everyone is a suspect. When renowned crime novelist Harlan Thrombey (Christopher Plummer) is found dead at his estate just after his 85th birthday, the inquisitive and debonair Detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) is mysteriously enlisted to investigate. From Harlan’s dysfunctional family to his devoted staff, Blanc sifts through a web of red herrings and self-serving lies to uncover the truth behind Harlan’s untimely death. With an all-star ensemble cast including Chris Evans, Ana De Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Don Johnson, Michael Shannon, Toni Collette, LaKeith Stanfield, Katherine Langford and Jaeden Martell, KNIVES OUT is a witty and stylish whodunit guaranteed to keep audiences guessing until the very end.
Bâton Rouge (the “Contest Sponsor”) Official Contest Rules, “Customer” (the” Individual” or “Individuals”), «KNIVES OUT » Contest (collectively the “Contest”)
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS (the “Rules”)
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest takes place in Quebec and will begin on Monday, November 25th, 2019 at 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, and will run until Wednesday December 11, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides and who is not the person for whom the publicity contest is carried on, his employee, representative or mandatory, a member of the jury and the persons with whom they are domiciled, the affiliated companies or agents, advertising or promotional agencies of the Contest Sponsor, all of which may not enter the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
The contest will only be open in-restaurant, as described belo[AE1] w.
To enter the Contest and have a chance to win the prize (as defined below), each entrant must do the following no later than the cut-off time:
i. Participation via Bâton Rouge restaurants
a. To participate, each participant must fill out a coupon in-restaurant with the answer to the question “Who is the guilty?” party and your contact information. The coupon is to be left at the the hostess stand[AE2] .
b. The participant will receive one (1) chance of entry and will automatically be eligible for the contest when the completed participation coupon is left it at the reception. No purchase is necessary.
For the purposes of these Rules, the entrant is, according to the registration procedure detailed in this paragraph, the Individual whose sign up on the participation coupon. It is this said Individual to whom the prize will be awarded if he or she is declared a winner. Participation is limited to one entry form per person per day.
4. PRIZE: The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries entered and received. There will be a total of four (3) prize: 1 x $1,000 Bâton Rouge gift certificate, 3 x steak knife sets and KNIVES OUT movie tickets, 10 x KNIVES OUT movie tickets awarded to the person via a random draw,
The winner will be selected on December 20th, 2019, at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time from all entries received.
It is non- exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable. The prize does not have a resale value and must be accepted by the Winner (as hereinafter defined) as awarded. The Contest Sponsor does not make any express or implied warranty about the Prize, and, as such, is not responsible for any dissatisfaction or malfunction with the Prize or for any taxes, and other charges and surcharges that may be applicable. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the specified Prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Contest Sponsor’s control, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if required. Arrangements will be made by the Contest Sponsor to deliver the Prize to the Winner. The Contest Sponsor will be responsible for a one time delivery fee to the Winner’s residential address through a registered mail service and will not be responsible for the lost or damage of the Prize resulting from the said mail service’s fault, action or omission. The Winner must meet all other eligibility criteria as well as any applicable company policies of the Contest Sponsor before being declared the Winner. Date of delivery of the Prize to the Winner will be based on manufacturer availability and, the Contest Sponsor does not make any representation and/or warranties as to when the Prize will be made available. The delivery of the Prize to the Winner will be made within 14 days of receiving a properly filled and signed “Release Form”.
5. SELECTION: There winner will be chosen on Friday, December 20th, 2019 at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time at the Contest Sponsor's office located at 8210 road Trans Canadienne, Montreal, QC, H4S 1M5. Any entry that is incomplete, fraudulent, lost, in violation of the Rules, or received after the Contest Period closes will be automatically rejected and will not give any right to a Prize. The decision of the Contest Sponsor and its agents is final and without appeal. All entries received meeting the eligibility criteria herein will be part of the same draw and will be treated equally for the purposes of selecting an entrant (the “Selected Entrant”).
The Selected Entrant of the draw will be notified via phone or email within 48 hours after the selection. If the Selected Entrant is unable to be contacted after 3 days, he/she forfeits the Prize without compensation and a new Selected Entrant will be drawn by the Contest Sponsor. Once successfully contacted, the Selected Entrant will then have ten (10) days to respond to the Contest Sponsor and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question [(2 + 2) x (7-3)], sign, complete and return a “Release Form” by email or by fax to be declared a winner (the “Winner”). If the Selected Entrant fails to:
1. respond to the Contest Sponsor within the allotted time;
2. correctly answer the time-limited, skill-testing question, located on the Release Form;
3. complete and return the Release Form to the Contest Sponsor within the allotted time; or
4. is ineligible for any reason stated herein;
a new Selected Entrant will be drawn until a Winner is declared for the Prize following the completion of all eligibility criteria’s. The Contest Sponsor will arrange with the Winner to have the Prize delivered to the Winner’s place of residence. The Contest Sponsor cannot be held responsible if the Winner does not provide the correct mailing address in the Release Form.
6. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest should an event beyond its reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest, or for any other reason whatsoever. The Contest Sponsor and its affiliates may, at their sole discretion and without liability, rescind or amend this Contest at any time. The Contest Sponsor:
i) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prizes,
ii) except where prohibited by law, disclaims any implied warranty, and
iii) is not liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use or misuse of the Prizes.
For Quebec residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
7. Any person entering this Contest or trying to do so by any means which would be unfair to the other entrants, contrary to the Rules or illegal, including computer hacking, amongst others, will be automatically disqualified and may be subject to prosecution, as the case may be. Decisions by the Contest Sponsor in regard to this paragraph are final and binding.
8. By entering this Contest, each Individual acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Sponsor:
(i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of the Prize,
(ii) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prize, its use and/or the odds of winning,
(iii) disclaims any implied warranty, and
(iv) is not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the Prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest, and
(v) is not liable for any claim arising from a the Winner’s use of or dissatisfaction with the Prize.
9. By entering this Contest, the Selected Entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest and authorizes the Contest Sponsor to use as required, his/her name, place of residence, voice and/or statement in connection with the Contest and/or Prize, for advertising or publicity purposes in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice or permission and without remuneration or compensation of any kind. Except as otherwise set out in these Rules, no communication, commercial or otherwise, that is not related to this Contest will be sent to entrants by the Contest Sponsor, unless the entrant has otherwise authorized the Contest Sponsor, or its affiliated companies, when applicable, to do so. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent.
10. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for website loading, screening or posting errors, software, hardware, mail, telephone, network or server errors and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, in the event a virus, computer bug, unauthorized human intervention, or any other occurrence beyond their control corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, impartiality or normal operation of the Contest, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if applicable.
11. The Selected Entrants release and indemnify the Contest Sponsor, as well as its affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies, and their partners, employees, agents and representatives, from all responsibility for any damage sustained as a result of the acceptance and/or use (or non-acceptance or non-use) of their Prizes.
12. The Selected Entrants acknowledge that, upon receipt of their Prizes, the execution of services related to their Prizes becomes the entire and exclusive responsibility of the Prize supplier, and relevant guarantees will be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the manufacturers, suppliers, distributors or retailers.
13. The Contest Sponsor and its agents are released from all responsibility related to the malfunctioning of any software components, software, or lines of communication; related to the loss or absence of any communication network; or related to any failed, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or erased transmission by any computer or network; and which could limit, or prevent, the possibility of any person from entering the Contest. The Contest Sponsor and its agents are released from all responsibility for any damage or loss whatsoever that could be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by downloading any software and by the transmission of any information required for entry in the Contest. The Contest Sponsor and its agents are released from all responsibility for any damage or loss whatsoever caused by late, lost or illegible entries.
14. Entries and information provided are the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned to the Individual.
15. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
The interpretation and the enforcement of the Contest rules and regulations shall be made in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec, Nova Scotia and Ontario
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By entering this Contest, you acknowledge having read and understood these Rules and agree to abide by them.
Copies of these Rules are available at www.batonrouge.caand can be requested by mail at: MTY Group., attention “KNIVES OUT” Contest, 8210 road Trans Canadienne, Montreal, QC, H4S 1M5