For nights when you can’t make it to your favourite BR restaurant, our exclusive chef, Charles Dufresne, has crafted this mouthwatering DIY recipe so that you can enjoy the BR experience at home. The ultimate in comfort food, these Piggy Mac and Cheese Burgers are guaranteed crowd pleasers and are ideal fare for cold winter evenings and stay-in weekends! Pair them with a good lager and a few pickles, and you’re all set. Tuck in and enjoy!
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 30 min
2 lb. (900 g) macaroni
2 lb. (680 g) BR pulled pork
2 tbsp. (30 ml) chopped garlic
1 tbsp. salt
2 tsp. (10 ml) black pepper
2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
6-8 hamburger buns
Lettuce and sliced tomatoes (optional)
1 cup (250 ml) milk
1 cup (250 ml) vegetable stock
2 ½ cups (250 g) grated cheddar
1 ¼ cups (125 g) Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. (30 ml) cornstarch
2 tbsp. (30 ml) cold water
Macaroni and pulled pork
- Cook macaroni and warm BR pulled pork as per instructions on packaging.
- In a large saucepan, add oil and chopped garlic and cook[LD4] over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add milk and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add cheddar and Parmesan and whisk until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water.
- Add cornstarch to cheese and mix well.
- Add BR pulled pork, macaroni, salt and pepper to sauce and mix well.
- Spoon piggy mac and cheese onto hamburger buns. Top with lettuce and a slice of tomato, if desired. Serve.